Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 7: VTS Peer Coaching #2

Peer Coaching from Blog #6

Ginia,

With interest high and noticing more inferences made and evidence of thinking on a deeper level, I think that shows that you are progressing too as a facilitator.  I can relate to the feeling self-conscious while being videotaped and I think it started to interfere with my performance initially, but luckily I was able to refocus, which it sounds like you did successfully.  It is good to hear that you have gotten the questions down too. I think that seems simple but is very important because if we can become so familiar with the process it will start to fall into place and we will be more relaxed, natural, and able to focus on what the students are saying and less focused on my own thinking about each step.

I discovered also that by me looking at and studying the image ahead of time and noticing what students might be thinking and commenting on in the future, that I felt more prepared for using the questions and able to anticipate some areas of agreement, linking, or areas of disagreement.  I believe if had done this last week I could have redirected the students better after some of them repeated the same observations multiple times.  Like you, I want to be enthused but consistent.  VTS is a fun process and the students seem to enjoy it too. I know with regular practice we will be getting more natural and better each time.  Keep up the good work Ginia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment