Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Introduction:

My name is Kaj (rhymes with sky). For the past six years I’ve been involved with helping coordinate tutoring at the MU Learning Center. Through funding from a federal TRIO grant for first generation college students and funding from the University, we are able to offer both individual and group tutoring for thousands of Mizzou students. It is a fun and busy environment that offers rewards for those interested in helping, teaching, and seeing students grow.

Years ago I received both BA and BA Ed degrees from the University of Nebraska. In the past I worked for an Architecture firm in California and an art gallery in Arizona. Later I taught art and Spanish grades 7-12 in both parochial and public school settings. My first teaching position recommended that I utilize my minor in Spanish, which led to me getting certified in foreign language teaching. This helped in the job market at the time but took me further away from my main interest in art.

For about a dozen years I worked in customer service in business and banking, but after a while was aching to get back into my first passion of learning and creating artwork. With the introduction of several local painters and teachers, I have become involved with plein air painting and recently studied with some noted painters in the southwest and in Missouri. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and embarking on a new journey which is just beginning for me: the Masters in Art Education program.




1 comment:

  1. Let's see if I can post a comment now! If so, I will post another one on your Week #1 blog post.

    ReplyDelete